Is the IRS Still levying people who owe back taxes? A crazy question – right? Well in the age of a much more austere IRS it’s not a silly question at all. The IRS budget has been shaved by 17% since 2010 with more reductions possibly to come(?). With a bigger population now and more IRS headaches to solve including scams, identity theft and the administration of the ACA, their reduced budget gets spread pretty thin.


BBB A+ Rated

Call (800)790-8574


From our vantage point, the biggest reduction of levies and garnishments has come from the Automated Collection Systems of the IRS (ACS). Levies from ACS have become an endangered species of sorts even when someone receives a form CP504 like this. So you need to take action to avoid a levy on your wages from IRS (ACS).

On the other hand, it’s Revenue Officers (R.O.’s) – those folks assigned to your tax problem case locally – who are issuing most of the levies and garnishments these days. Generally, it takes a $100,000 – 250,000 plus liability to get a R.O. assigned or possibly a lot of un-filed tax returns and economic activity (big 1099’s, etc.).

Revenue Officers initiate contact to you and/or your tax professional with a business card drop-off and/or other correspondence. R.O.’s truly intend to levy UNLESS you propose an alternative resolution like Offer in Compromise, Currently Not Collectible or Installment Agreement.

The Government hasn’t been exactly predictable lately.One never knows whether IRS enforcement could increase or decrease. Private tax collections is underway but it seems to be an ineffective alternative to the IRS.

The private guys lack enforcement power like levies and the public has been so inured to phone calls from IRS scams – they quite possibly might ignore them (they should).

Against the general trend of less enforcement on back taxes, passport holders who owe more than $50,000 to the IRS can get their passports revoked (unless they are in a payment plan or an Offer in Compromise).

So, if you have IRS Problems and unfiled tax returns – Take action today! You should work with a local tax relief firm. Call Advance Tax Relief (800) 790-8574


If you think that you may need help filing your 2017 tax return and past due tax returns, you may want to partner with a reputable tax relief company who can help you get the max refund.

Advance Tax Relief has a offices in Houston, TX and Los Angeles, CA and helps many individuals just like you work with the IRS to solve a wide variety of issues, including penalty waivers.

Call our team today at 800-790-8574 for more information. For a free consultation, schedule an appointment with us online.

Feel free to also learn about us and contact us via

However, it doesn’t matter where you live, we service taxpayers nationwide.
Over $50 million has been settled for our clients nationwide.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s